- AMA – Ask Me Anything, you can ask questions to specific people or the people behind a particular cryptocurrency
- ATH – All Time High
- BAGHOLDER – Someone who has stuck with crypto that has become worthless.
- COIN SHILLING – promoting coins, often the motivation is unclear, do not fall for it.
- DAYTRADER – Buying and selling cryptocurrency on a daily basis to take advantage of price fluctuations during the trading day.
- DAO – Decentralized Autonomous Organization
- DCA – Dollar Cost Averaging, buying it at different prices in order to lower the average purchase price of your crypto in case the price falls even further. For example: place limit buy orders on both 0.9, 0.8 and 0.7 USD instead of all-in at a price of 0.9 USD
- DEX – Decentralized Exchange
- DYOR – Do Your Own Research
- Fiat – Old fashioned money, such as Dollars or Euros
- FOMO – Fear of missing out. Usually you do not want to miss the boat, you buy coins, and then experience a rapid price drop. Turn off your emotions!
- FUD – Fear, uncertainty and doubt. In short: Spreading nonsense.
- HODL – Hold on for dear life: Hodlers believe that dips are temporary and therefore rarely sell
- IDO – Initial DEX Offering
- OTC – Over the counter. A large transaction that takes place outside of exchanges. A buyer and seller agree on the purchase and sale of usually large amounts of coins and settle this among themselves. This transaction therefore has no influence on the price of the relevant currency
- PF – Portfolio or wallet, the coins you have and their fiat value
- PNL – Profit and Loss
- REKT – Short for Wrecked either completely scrapped or bankrupt
- SHITCOIN – Coin that has no added value.
- SAT or Satoshi – 1 Bitcoin consists of 100 million satoshis (Sats). 1 Satoshi is represented in the following way: 0.00000001 BTC so you can compare it a bit with the cent compared to the Euro.
- TA – Technical analysis, previously used for traditional stocks, but also used by many for crypto. You can better predict certain price targets based on patterns. Do not start a discussion about this, you are not going to win it.
- TVL – Total Value Locked. A metric that is used to measure the overall health of the DeFi and yielding market.
- Whale – Someone with large numbers of coins who can influence the price.
https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandria/glossary for more.
Last Updated on 20/01/2022 by delta